Full Time, Grimsby office and site-based UK wide.
Uniform will be provided.
Attractive salary offered dependant on qualifications and experience.
Rix Renewables is a dedicated service team providing technical support, inspections, maintenance and repair to the wind industry. We are looking to recruit a full-time Statutory Inspector to join our existing team on a permanent basis.
- As an experienced Statutory Inspector within Rix Renewables, you should be competent and capable to carry out inspections on cranes, lifting equipment, man-riding equipment, and anchor points and issue thorough examination reports as necessary.
- You will be carrying out hands-on statutory inspections, providing your expert opinion on a wide range of equipment, enabling our clients to comply with all relevant legislation.
- The work will be prominently on offshore windfarms but could also be at electrical substations so a good understanding of electrical safety is essential
- As required you will produce safety documentation such as risk assessments and method statements. Lifting plans as required.
- Inspecting equipment under PUWER regs.
- Following your inspection, you will complete your reports so good IT skills and high levels of literacy are required. You will be an excellent communicator, and confident in your ability to make sound engineering judgements.
- Your primary base will be the office. You will need good attention to detail as you will be assisting with the production of documentation to support business operations.
- Experienced working within a testing/inspection environment.
- Experience of using heavy lifting gear or with a strong mechanical engineering background.
- Good mechanical and electrical capabilities.
- GWO qualified for offshore work in the wind industry.
- Experience of inspecting fire extinguishers.
- Formal qualifications relevant to the testing industry.
- Competent in the inspection of lifting equipment in accordance with LOLER.
- Competent in the inspection of equipment in accordance with PUWER.
- LEEA Qualification/s essential.
- A good professional manner when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Computer literate
- Driving licence