Development role available
Trainee O&M Engineer
Rix Renewables are a service team providing technical support, inspections, maintenance and associated services to the renewable energy sector.
We are looking to recruit a Trainee O&M Engineer who is keen to develop a career within the exciting and fast paced industry.
Working closely with the general manager, you will provide operational and administrative support to our range of clients operating across the UK. As an extension of our existing team you will be employed on a permanent, full time basis, primarily based in our Grimsby office.
Main Responsibilities of a Trainee O&M Engineer:
- To assist in the management of engineering works as requested by the client.
- Be responsible for project planning and delivery.
- The delivery of a safe working environment in order to meet business and customer requirements.
- Producing documents, drawings and specifications in relation to relevant project requirements.
- As required, you will review safety documentation such as risk assessments and method statements.
- Client report writing.
- Site visits including working at height, off-shore and within confined spaces
- Production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production reports as required
Skills required as a Trainee O&M Engineer:
- Ability to travel throughout the UK with occasional travel into Europe. Must hold a full valid driving licence.
- Excellent and confident communicator.
- High attention to detail on administrative tasks.
- Ability to think commercially and make sound judgements.
- Good IT skills and a high level of literacy skills.
Highlight and manage risk, including operational, personnel.
- Independence, flexibility, ability to prioritise / deliver under tight deadlines.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good mechanical and/or electrical capabilities, ideally with a formal engineering qualification.
In return we would put the successful candidate through full GWO certified training and a comprehensive training scheme leading to a NEBOSH qualification.
Salary - £25,000.00 to £30,000.00, depending on experience.
Closing date – Sunday 13th September 2020
Due to demand, unfortunately we are unable to respond to each and every candidate so if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks from the closing date then unfortunately on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.